Welcome to my first Algebra Scribe Post
Today we learned about One Step Algebra Equation. Here is a picture on how to solve and verify an algebra equation.
- First, you have to do is put the variable(n) first then the 2 constants (+3 and -6)beside it.
- Next, answer the 2 constant (in this question the 2 constants are +3 and -6 and you should get -3 as your answer.)
- After, rewrite the question variable first and constant after, this will make a one step algebra equation.
- Once you have the one step algebra equation, isolate the variable by canceling out zero pair( the zero pair in this question is -3 and 3 make sure to do the same method on the other side to make it balance). Isolating means using an opposite operation to make the variable by itself.
- And now your answer should be n=15.
- Don't forget to VERIFY your answer!
- To verify your answer make a statement saying let n=15.
- Next rewrite the question.
- Rewrite the question again but this time replace the n with your answer which is 15.
- Answer the first 2 constant (3+15).
- Now replace 3+15-6 with 18-6.
- Answer it and you should get 12=12 as your answer.
There are 4 points on how to solve an equation. Here are 4 of them:
- Isolate the variable.
- Cancel by putting an opposite operation.
- What you put on one side, put it on the other side, Make sure to keep the equation balance.
- VERIFY your answer by CHECKING it.
This video will show you how to properly do a one step algebra equation.